Our Mission, Beliefs, and Statement of Faith
our mission & Purpose
Our Mission: “Real People. Real Freedom."
We are a church where real (ordinary) people can experience real, genuine freedom from a Savior that offers it freely to anyone willing to receive.
the grand story
In the beginning, God created a flawless world. Everything He created worked the right way. And all creation lived under His perfect reign.
But humans wondered if there was something better for them outside of His Kingship, and rejected His authority. They found out there wasn’t something better. Dysfunction was introduced into His perfect system and all creation began to unravel.
In the middle of that chaos, God set apart a family through which He would restore the whole world. He promised to bless all nations of the earth through them. He would be their God and they would be His people. As time passed, that family continually ignored the covenant they had made with God. They turned to the worship of created things.
As human kings and rulers continued to fail as leaders and shepherds, God promised that He would send a good ruler that would establish a kingdom that would never end and who would sit on the throne forever. Hundreds of years later, the descendant God promised was born – in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Shockingly, that descendant was God Himself clothed as a human.
That child grew up and began to proclaim that through Him, a new Kingdom had arrived. But He was rejected and despised, ridiculed and mocked, beaten and crucified. He suffered and died, paying the full debt of our sin, and absorbing the full weight of our dysfunction.
But death was not the end. In a thrilling and stunning event that forever changed the course of history, Jesus resurrected from the dead, conquering sin and death. He invites all people to live under His kingship and be resurrected to live as citizens of His kingdom.
Those who say “yes” to His Kingship are invited to join Him in His mission of reconciling all people by demonstrating and proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom. One day His kingdom will come fully and everything will be made new – and we will live forever with Jesus in His perfect Kingdom that never ends.
Statement of faith (we believe..)
- There is only one true God who is the eternal king, creator, and redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving, and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent - one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we are intended. Because of this, sickness, death, and judgement entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God's anointed one, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God's Kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected, and ascended to heaven, and is now alive today, in the presence of God the Father and in His people. He is "true God" and "true man."
- We are saved by God's grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing, and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit convicts, regenerates, justifies, sanctifies, and adopts us as we enter the Kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.
- In the ongoing sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life and minister supernaturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have God's power to be His witnesses.
- The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy - sin, lies, sickness, and torment.
- The church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of baptism and communion. The church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His Kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God's love, discipling the nations, baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.
- In the ever-increasing government of God and in the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ is to rule and reign with His overcoming bride - the church.
- Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.
We will connect you to a member of our leadership team that can answer all of your questions!